The Secret Ingredient To Being Same Parents – What do you get when you have a divided home, court orders, a pinch of children activities and a dash schoolwork? A RECIPE FOR DISASTER! Communication is the secret ingredient when it comes to co-parenting. It really is not such a secret, but for most, it is the toughest thing to find.
Thankfully, there are co-parenting apps such as Talking Parents, Our Family Wizard, and many more to help co-parent parents and communicate effectively. For most of our clients the key ingredient in effective co-parent communication is Talking Parents / Our Family wizard.
Both Talking Parents and Our Family Wizard provide one place where all communication regarding the children go. It is like a personal cookbook for parents where all recipes and ingredients go to help navigate all things children with your coparent.
There is no more looking for that text, email or trying to remember what the phone call was about. These apps give you one place to communicate and do not allow for the altering of communication. Parents can track schedules, share important documents, and keep records of the kiddos in one place. Here are some highlights of the two: (Just some highlights these apps have a lot to offer)
- Easily create new messages and upload attachments. The messages resemble like a text message with a timestamp of when the message was delivered and when it was viewed by the other parent.
- Keep personal notes that are not shared with the other parent and you can delete them at any time.
PDF / Printable Records
- Get a complete view of all conversations you have ever had. Whether digitally or certified, Talking Parents keeps a permanent record of your conversations.
Our Family Wizard:
- Secure platform where messages cannot be edited, deleted, or redacted.
- See when a parent messages you and when a parent views your message.
- Helpful tools like ToneMeter ™ can help to commit to keeping your communication positive and productive.
Track your parenting schedule, share appointment details, and easily submit requests for changes to your timesharing.
- An easy way to share expenses with your co-parent and keep track of what has been paid. This app will do the math for you and allows you to attach receipts and send electronic payments.
Cost might be a concern for most parents so make sure you find the app that is best for you and your family. Our Family Wizard is about $ 99.00 per year and Talking Parents ranges from FREE to $ 20.00 per month. Both apps are mobile friendly and compatible with both Android and iPhone so you can co-parent on the go at any time.